Anyone who knows me knows that I am a BIG believer in treating yourself well. Sometimes its OK to be a little selfish. Just think about yourself sometimes and leave it all behind. Especially on the weekends when all you have is two days to rejuvenate, nurture the spirit, and take care of yourself, family and friends.
Your girl LOVES to cook and eat so part of my ME time every Saturday and/or Sunday I make myself an amazing brunch. On the menu this weekend:
*Baked Tomato Omelette*
Serving Size: 1.5 Ingredients: 2 Eggs, chopped fresh garlic, black pepper, sea salt, tomatoes, scallions(green onions), olive oil(or soy butter)
Chop ingredients and add to a pot lightly coated with olive oil or soy butter. Place in the oven for 7-10 min at 250. **All ovens are different so cooking times may vary.
Cut into 3 sections and place on top of any type of toasted bread (italian is best & more interesting but I already had some Dutch bread…so boring but it serves the same purpose). Plate and garnish with blueberries.
ENJOY! Out on my Brooklyn fire escape terrace
Soundtrack for brunch:
1. Glitches (The Skin You’re In) by Amel and the Roots Larrieux
2. Today (Earth Song) by Erykah Badu
3. Don’t You Forget It by Glenn Lewis
4. We’ve Got Enough by Macy Gray
5. A Long Walk [A Touch of Jazz Remix] by Jill Scott
6. Butterfly by India Arie
7. High off You by Jack Herrera
8. Sweetest Thing by Lathun
9. So Sweet by Brad Young
10. Legend by Nelly Furtado
11. Still Searching [Remix] by Damien Marley, Stephen Marley, Yami Bolo
12. Don’t Stop by Spanish Fly
13. You Make Me Wanna Smile Again by Eddie Jackson
14. When Your Ups Are Down by Don Scribbs