2011 is finally here.
Two complete days in but I think most were not ready nor were they finished with 2010.
I welcome the New Year and all the great things that await me in the future. Before I step forward, I take a moment to remember my natural hair highlights of 2010.
- Started blog www.LushCoils.wordpress.com and twitter page www.twitter.com/lushcoils to share what I’ve learned about caring for my hair and all the other things that I love and inspire me
- 1yr natural with health hair growth. I finally found what helps to keeps my hair moisturized and most importantly I learned the importance of water to natural hair growth.
- Learned what are the best practices are to retain length including wearing protective styles
For 2011 I’m looking forward to….
- Continuing to do ALL of the above as I did in 2010 – I still have some learning to do
- Be adventurous and try more products. I love my go-to products/ingredients: rosemary water, Shea butter, cetearyl alcohol, Jamaican castor oil, olive oil, vitamin e, aloe vera, Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding, homemade conditioner/pre-poo, homemade leave-in conditioner to name a few but it would be fun to try more options
- Try more protective styles. I love my wigs but I’m feeling the itch to change my look
- ……the list will probably get longer but for now, this is it
My message to you for the New Year is to do whatever makes you happy. In regards to hair, if you’re natural, braided, weaved, wig, whatever – be happy with you! No matter what anyone says or thinks. At the end of the day, we have one life to live so don’t waste it thinking about others….put yourself 1st!!!! And remember to SMILE & LAUGH often!!
What are your hair goals for 2011? Post, start a discussion or just share pics on Facebook
– ♥ LC